Sunday 11 October 2015

The Kindrily Series

Grasping At Eterntity (Book One)

Rating

4 stars

Date Read

26/9/15

Age Group

15+

General Thoughts

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod. So perfect I just can't-

Breathe.

Ok. Let's start from the beginning. ..

The first time I glanced at this book I knew I had to read it. Soul mates ripped apart by a tragic mystery, secrets that torment souls and end lives, centuries of memories and supernatural abilities, protected by a green eyed daredevil that has loved her for ages.

I mean it was so perfectly exactly what I wanted to read that it was startling.

Yes, I am a sucker for tragic star crossed lovers and gorgeous green eyed soul mates suffering because the heroine. Just. Doesn't. remember.


That was the soul-shattering issue. I saw nothing inside of her. No flicker of the depthless light in her eyes, no trace of the soul I had loved for centuries. She had let go of our eternity, and I couldn't stop grasping onto the memory of who she used to be.
-Nathan

I've been reading other books too - like Paper Towns, finally! - and rereading Hush Hush (which is as gorgeous as I remembered, BTW, Patch is an all time favourite even if Nora is a bit meh) but I didn't feel like writing about it. I'm going to eventually, of course, but I just didn't feel like it. With this one the words are just tumbling out of my mouth and now I'm rambling but damn wasn't this exactly my cup of tea - pun intended you'll know when you read it.


The story

So freaking original! Forget vampires, they're too sparkly, forget werewolves, they're too hairy, forget Nephilim, witches, angels (fallen or otherwise), and every cliché paranormal romance.
I give you the Elements, kindrily families, reincarnated souls with supernatural abilities and the most confusing bonds. Given to the world in pairs, soul mates, each one made for the other. Cheesy, I know. No wonder I adored it. I'll leave the chracter descriptions for when I'm finished with the series (the idea sends a pang of sadness through me sniff sniff).

Narrative

Granted she's clueless. But he's just so perfect and thoughtful and brokenhearted it's wrenching and beautiful. The alternating POVs were a genious move, I don't think I could feel so in love with the series without looking at everything through Nathan's pained eyes....

Writing

No problem. This is one young adult author to watch out for for sure!!!


Taking Back Forever (Book Two)

Rating

4 stars

Date Read

30/9/15

Age Group

15+

General Thoughts

Infinitely steamy. Not much of a plot, though. Nathan is officially one of my favourite Book Boyfriends. Also, I should have been born in a different century. The whole courting thing, and his manner of speaking and standing and breathing *swoon! But then I think about hygiene and medicine in the Middle Ages so that's a deal-breaker, especially when you're not an Element...


Fighting For Infinity (Book Three)

Rating

3- stars

Date Read

19/10/15

Age Group

15+

General Thoughts

Disappointing. Weird. Far-fetched and yet, the ending was predictable. Took me forever to finish. Would've rated two stars if it wasn't for the rest of the series... 





All in All

Definitely recommend, especially if you're a sucker for cheesy romance, patient with occasionally irritating heroines and don't mind skipping the last book!!!


XOXO

Aggie Pearson

No comments: