Friday 9 January 2015

The Existence Trilogy


Rating 

5 stars+


Date Read

5.1.15 - 8.1.15


Age Group

14+


Main Characters

Dank

Where to begin? Dank is sweet, kind, loving, possessive, aggressive, selfless and selfish. He is also lethal. Literally. He is Death. A Deity around since the beginning of time, with sole companion the souls he collects, without the ability to feel petty human emotions. Until he meets...

Pagan

Pagan never once felt like a Mary-Sue... Okay, maybe once. Anyway, she is stubborn, understanding, compassionate, honest, mature and polite. She almost deserves him. After he meets her, she becomes Dank's whole existence.

Miranda

Miranda has been Pagan's best friend for almost as long as she can remember. She is extroverted, talkative and optimistic. She also turned out relatively good at dealing with her feelings. She is there for Pagan. Usually. Unless there's a hot boy around.

Wyatt

I adored Wyatt. He is one of Pagan's oldest friends and one of the sweetest fictional characters I have ever read of. He is in a relationship with Miranda in the first book, spending a lot of time with her, thus providing catalytic effect in leaving Pagan alone to be charmed by Dank.

Jay

If there is one under-developed character in this book, it's Pagan's ex-boyfriend. Having gratuated a year before her, he isn't around until the third book suddenly brings him back to compete with Dank for her heart. 

Plot

For once, I was quiet satisfied with the course of events, the plot-thickening, the twists and turns of the books. I did get a little bored in Predestined, though. But that's just because I wanted more Dank. All three books were interesting, heavenly and irresistible.



Writing

I enjoyed Abbi Glines' writing. It had light style and was grammatically correct (Yes, I do feel the need to point that out after reading several books that made me want to poke my eyes out - with a fork - because of the heavy garmmatical errors in the past few months).

Pagan's opinionated point of view makes it an easy read and Dank's love-struck voice taking turns narrating in the two latter books complements the whole just the right.


All in All

It's been too long since I last enjoyed a book. True, I read a lot of the same damn genre - Paranormal Romance -so I sometimes think I've exhausted the topic. Many books have me thinking that some authors are just copying each other and it gets boring. Not with Existence. I read the whole trilogy in less than a week and I never seemed to get enough. What's more, it didn't suffer from FBB (First Book Better). I actually found myself enjoying the Ceaseless more than the Book 1.

The Existence Trilogy has certainly scored its rightful place among my all-time favourite books!



XOXO

Aggie Pearson


PS. For a review book by book see "Existence, Predestined & Ceaseless".
PS.2 Listen to Dank singing "Yet you stay" here.

No comments: