Wednesday 28 January 2015

More Reviews Soon!

Hi there!

I know it's been a while since I last uploaded a review. It's not that I have given up on trying to keep a blog. It's just that after one too many paranormal romance novels I feel that I have exhausted the subject... Especially after a few recent disappointements in awfully-packed-with-clichés paranormal books -see Falling Under &c- I have decided to re-evaluate my stance toward books and obsession with certain genres (parnormal romance & paranormal romance...).

Said stance consists of believing that if the protagonist doesn't turn ino a wolf/ get bitten by a devastatingly handsome vampire/ falls in love with one of the Fallen halfway through the book then something is foundamentally wrong.

So, I've decided to try something new: one of the classics.  Right now I'm reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

Of course with school reports just around the corner it has been a little crazy so I'm not even halfway through J.E. yet. I mean I haven't gotten to the part when she falls in love head over heels with her employer; she's still at Lowood -an Asylum for Orphans- all sad and depressed.

But reading Charlotte's writing is worth the melancholy, at least through the first few chapters.

UPDATE
She just put out an advertisement to tutor children in a private family! You know what's next! If not, see a summary of the book here.

Be Back Soon,
XOXO
Aggie Pearson

UPDATE
(First day of January 2016) Yeah right... Seems I'm stuck to this genre for good.

No comments: