Wednesday 30 December 2015

Covenant Series (Book 3.5)

Elixir

Rating

 5 stars

Date Read

18/12/15

Age Group

14+

General Thoughts


"Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. 
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. Even if it means making war against the gods."



Novellas are usually little books authors publish to keep the attention of their readers while they wait for the next book to come out. A way to keep in touch with the characters. So I didn't expect much going in,  I just couldn't resist a book written through Aiden's eyes. This little one definetely exceeded my expectations, offering plenty of insight into Aiden's emotions (contrary to other book series' novellas, like the Witch's Betrayal)!



In these few pages, not only is it impossible not to fall in love (or more in love) with a protective, fiercely loving Aiden that will start a war with the Gods if it means keeping her safe, but it is also a good way to get a better feeling of the tension that is builting, like the quiet before a storm.

From a crazed, possessed Alex that doesn't feel anything but her connection to Seth since she Awakened, to the watered down, gullible Alexandria, that is under Elixir and compulsion, Aiden doesn't give up on her, even when he loses all hope of getting her back.

Seth, obviously

Of course, the Greek in this (all compulsions are - supposedly - in Greek) were a bit pitiful but it was still very nice to see Greek phrases coming out of Aiden's mouth.



Aiden

Pained Aiden (Different actor, I know! But Aiden isn't an actor, he's a character, so, for me, he's a little mix of these two and some other gorgeous people)

“Please come back to me, Alex. Please. I love you too much to lose you. And I love you too much to allow what’s about to happen, but you’re leaving me no choice.”

I just can't wait to see what happens next!!!
XOXO

Aggie Pearson

No comments: